Thursday, June 2, 2011

Laila: The State of Impeccable

I have noticed that when ensconced in the comfort and familiarity of my own little world, impeccability is a little easier to work on.  I have the same people in my life on a day to day basis for the most part, so I kind of know what to expect in any given situation. That’s not to say that I’m not thrown a curve ball every now and again, but overall things seem to kind of flow.  So I had been feeling pretty darn impeccable, and then I left on a 10 day trip to the West coast and the challenges began.

It almost seems like I gave myself a pass on the impeccable thing because I was out of my element, when in fact that was when I should have been paying the most attention to my behavior. It wasn’t so much my actions, more my thoughts. I was quick to judge (the loud person sitting behind me on the plane, the dainty former reality star and her rocker boyfriend in the park, the full on make-up mama in her cute workout outfit in the early a.m.).  Now that I am home I can reflect on each situation much more impeccably, but it bothers me that I can’t automatically do it in the now.  No matter how hokey it sounds, it would be nice to have those rose colored glasses on all the time. (Hmmm, sci-fi product idea...)
I have two more trips this summer that will take me to faraway and exotic places like Washington D.C. and Iowa, meaning I have two more opportunities to practice on the road impeccability. So I will be watching myself like a hawk, and will either A. rise to the challenge beautifully and more automatically or B. develop a split personality from the internal scrutiny and have to check myself into a “special facility” for some quiet time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment