Monday, April 18, 2011

Laila: Here, There, Everywhere

As a result of focusing more on my words and thoughts, I have begun to live more in the “now”, which I have strived for in the past without great success. My mind always seemed to be going a mile a minute and I found it was hard to sit back and enjoy the moment because I was either anticipating the next moment, or worrying about a past moment.  Slowing down has become more natural, because mentally I have to slow down in order to pay attention to my words. For the most part, I am no longer on auto pilot when responding to someone because I am a lot more aware of what I am saying (that’s not to say the thinking part doesn’t try and sabotage my impeccable words, good thing I have some self-control).

This slowing down process has also helped me to remain more peaceful throughout the day. I'm not saying that something couldn't set me off down the path of crazy lunatic at any moment, but I am more mindful of choices I make to try and keep traveling down the calmer road. (Although “crazy lunatic” is really fun to say, especially if you pretend to have a french accent).
I am more selective with whom I choose to spend my free time with as well. Whether it’s on the phone or in person, my goal is to be completely present – which I can do if I set limits and/or boundaries. The aforementioned are skills I have always struggled with in the past, ultimately leading to my energy being zapped and my own frustration at putting myself in a position for that to happen.  However, as I put the first agreement adage of honoring myself  into practice more and more, I find it is a lot easier for me to now say “I have to go” and to say it impeccably with love.  

And on that note – I have to go  J

No comments:

Post a Comment